Sunday, February 12, 2012

ISR--Would You Stick It Out? Or Run?

Would You Stick It Out? Or Run?
When you find yourself in an intolerable school situation do you stick it out or run for your life? Opinions vary, with each side of the dilemma adamant about its position:

I’D RUN FOR IT: “There is no honor in suffering. The idea that working at a rotten school in a lousy country, educating a do-nothing population with no interest in academics will somehow make you a better teacher or a better person is pure malarkey! Suffering is suffering no matter how you cut it & the less time of your professional life you can spend doing it, the better. Some schools are so god-awful, shifty, & immoral, the most honorable thing to do is to call it a day & RUN!”

I’D STICK IT OUT:
“I could have run away from the job, but I felt the experience would actually serve me well in the future & that as a professional I could learn from what was happening in the school. My colleagues thought that if I left without notice & the school could not find a replacement, the children’s education would ultimately suffer. As an educator first & foremost, I could not leave the students.”

HOW ABOUT YOU?

See the results of the survey at ISR at the link
http://internationalschoolsreviewdiscuss.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/would-you-stick-it-out-or-run/#comment-5951

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home