Monday, April 04, 2011

I guess this is a good way to recognize April 5….

I guess this is a good way to recognize April 5….



NOTE: My God-daughter sent me this notice about a good activity on April 5. Join in.–KAS


TOMS is raising awareness all around the world for those children and families in the many developing countries who have to walk miles barefoot EVERYDAY. So what TOMS is asking of you is to help raise awareness by going barefoot for just one day. April 5th. Feel what it is like for the people who have been doing it their whole live, do it to show that it is a problem that needs to be heard. I hope you all participate, I know I am! :)

Here’s the website if you want to learn more!

http://www.onedaywithoutshoes.com/

NOTES

Maria, age 10, Guatemala Why Shoes?:
Mountainous and muddy terrain makes farming difficult, both physically and economically, and Maria has never owned a pair of new shoes. This leaves her exposed to infection, intestinal worms, and cold weather illness.
Long-term Benefit:
With additional protection from illness and infection, Maria can spend more days helping her family and building her potential in school.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home