Thursday, May 05, 2011

Another Song for Kenzenia--A Child of the Universe

In a few days, my daughter will turn one-year old. I pray that the world can be made better before she grows up and that she can help build a better world.

The tune is a warning, haunting and hopeful classic from the Barclay James Harvest. (Clink on the link of title here to listen to the BJH version.)

A Child of the Universe


I am a child of South Africa
I am a child of Vietnam
I am a child of Northern Ireland
I am a small boy with blood on his hands

Yes I am a child of the universe
Yes I am a child of the universe
You can see me on the TV every night
Always there to join in someone elseĀ“s fight

I did not ask to be born, & I do not ask to die
I am an endless scream, a gene machine
That can not reason why

Yes I am a child of the universe
Yes I am a child of the universe
You can see me on the TV every day
I am the child next door three thousand miles away


"All children are meant to grow up and are not of this world--but are part of this universe. They were not born and raised to fight originally, They were made for a garden to be planted and harvested with God." Kevin

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home