Saturday, February 19, 2011

And this particular bird cannot learn to sing ...

Like some other readers of mine, I belong to a prayer chain. (Yes, progressives can belong to prayer chains!) This one started with a writing by Angie Smith. I wanted to share it. KAS


(Authored by Angie Smith)
“And this particular bird cannot learn to sing in the daylight because it is always concerned with the chatter around it. Instead, its cage must be covered so that it is in complete darkness. Then, it is able to hear its master and will learn to sing…”
In the black night, I listened to His voice and I heard Him in a way I never had before. I stopped trying to focus on the silhouettes around me, panicked and desperate for my bearings. I accepted the fact that it might be a long while before I knew where I was and how to find my way back. Slowly, I started to believe that He treasured me enough to trust my voice in the dark. Nobody watching, nobody to judge.

Just me and the One Who told me I was worth it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home