Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Dear U.S.A. & Kuwaiti Foreign Ministries: A LETTER requesting aid for imprisoned Fijiians in Iraqi Jails who currently have no clear support from th

Dear U.S.A. & Kuwaiti Foreign Ministries: A LETTER requesting aid for imprisoned Fijiians in Iraqi Jails who currently have no clear support from the Outside world,

Here are the contents of a letter from jiuta wakolo jmvwakolo@yahoo.com in Fiji. Mr. Wakolo has been campaigning on behalf of worker rights and support in the Gulf, especially in terms of aiding Fijians, over the past year. Fiji has no embassy in the region-- and like many poorer Asian nations--has no clear means of supporting workers abroad in the Gulf states.

I have contacted the U.S. embassy more than once in the past year about supporting the creation of a Fijian Embassy in the Gulf but I have yet to receive a single response.


Mr. Wakolo wrote me the following this past week.


Dear Kevin,

I hope your well. Despite not hearing from your good self for sometime, I hope you can still help me. I wish to bring to your attention some very unfortunate incidents that have taken place in Iraq concerning. Two of my Fijian brothers have been in an Iraqi Jail since 18th November, 2007.

I was just notified by their immediate families in Fiji, and they have requested me to help if I can to find out the truth of what transpired on the dark 18th November that that has left their family running around from government to embassies asking for help.


According to our source the following security personal from Fiji were jailed in Iraq:

1- Name: Elia Koyanamate Tawake
- Code Name: Whisper
- Security company : Alarm Co.
- Position: Personal Protection Offices
-Passport No.: 547019
- Date jailed ; 18th,Novenber,2007

2 - Name: Tikomaihawai Mara
- Security Company: Alarm Co.
- Passport No.: 628051
- Position: Personal Protection Offices
- Date Jailed: 18th November,2007

The above two gentleman were part of the contingent that we were recruited together in 2005 to work for the PWC Logictics / Agility.

They were experienced drivers and were lucky to get a visa in 2005. After sometime, they decided to jump ship and join an American Company by the name of Alarm Co.

They haven’t met with their families for after two years ,

It seems that the Fiji Government cannot do much and their family have been referred to me as I was their Representatives when I was in Kuwait.

This was part of the reason that I wrote in my proposals (way back in 2005 and reviewed in 2007) to the Fiji Government that Fiji needs to have the advantage of creating and establishing Diplomatic ties with Kuwait and the Gulf regional countries. I had explicitly warned that "if it happens that some of my fellow Fijian workers get trapped by rebels or get caught by the peculiar laws in the region, it will be easier to negotiate on their behalf on a Diplomatic level".

Other factors that I briefly discussed in my proposals are slowly starting to materialize, like the continuing rises in fuel prices is leading to increases in prices of other products and services. This troubles the Fijian economy and peoples as have the natural disasters, like Tsunamis, hurricanes, floods and earthquakes and civil disturbances

I have determined that my proposals will be an economic gospel for Fiji now and in the future. It is high time that Fiji do something to implement my proposal to safeguard our economic interest and security now. This involves improving support for Fiji rights abroad and through the creation of a Fiji diplomatic presence in the Gulf, probably in Kuwait.

It is our concerted prayer that your good self will find some ways of helping the grieved families of the two jailed Fijians in Iraq and of course bring to pass some elements of pressure as they will be in a better position to except the truth of what transpired and its consequences.

Despite what has occurred or what will happen I trust that through your contacts we will find some relief Iraq and in the region in terms of obtaining the release of the Fijian prisoners in order to meet the hopes of their beloved families.



Yours Sincerely


Jiuta Wakolo

Suva City, Fiji Islands

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home