Tuesday, April 24, 2012


Thought for the Day from the Middle East: Surra 109.6 Despite specifically strong Koranic texts demanding tolerance of Muslums towards other faiths, some so-called Islamic leaders and states ignore the Koran and call for the destruction of churches, temples,and peoples of other faiths. Get back to the source, please. :::::::: Is each person be free to believe as he or she wishes? (109:6) “Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion.” CONTEXT: 109: The Disbelievers 109:1 Say: O disbelievers! 109:2 I worship not that which ye worship; 109:3 Nor worship ye that which I worship. 109:4 And I shall not worship that which ye worship. 109:5 Nor will ye worship that which I worship. 109:6 Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. NOTE: A sura (also spelled surah, surat; Arabic: سورة‎ sūrah) (pl. Arabic: سور‎ suwar) is a division of the Quran, although it can be approximately referred to as a chapter. The term chapter is sometimes avoided, as the suras are of unequal length; the shortest sura (Al-Kawthar) has only three ayat (verses) while the longest (Al-Baqara) contains 286 ayat. An ayat means “verse” in the Koranic text. This thought for the day was looked up & noted in the wake of the abusive misinterpretation of the Quran by a so-called Grand Mufta in Saudi Arabia last month. Perhaps the Grand Mufti should resign and apologize or be replaced. what do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home