Wednesday, December 28, 2011

My dream was not to grow up to become a whistleblower. My dream was to become an FBI agent. But after 20 years at the FBI, I came face to face with co

My dream was not to grow up to become a whistleblower. My dream was to become an FBI agent. But after 20 years at the FBI, I came face to face with corruption. My moral compass allowed no other option: expose the truth



Dear Kevin,

My dream was not to grow up to become a whistleblower. My dream was to become an FBI agent. But after 20 years at the FBI, I came face to face with corruption. My moral compass allowed no other option: expose the truth.

Fortunately, I found the National Whistleblowers Center (NWC), an organization fighting every day for whistleblower rights. The NWC was created to advocate for whistleblowers who do not have a voice. Over the years, the NWC has created a vibrant whistleblower community. It consists of people throughout the country who put the greater good over their own financial and emotional security.

Please help me support the NWC by making a donation today.

One of the NWC’s contributions to the whistleblower community this year has been the launch of a new weekly radio show, Honesty Without Fear. I joined as a host because I see the radio show as an opportunity for the public to learn about the contributions whistleblowers make to our society and to become involved in the fight for stronger protections.

The NWC also works hard to educate whistleblowers and their advocates. In addition to their online resources and seminars, this year the NWC coordinated a campaign that encouraged whistleblowers to donate 1,000 copies of the new Whistleblower’s Handbook to public libraries across the country. This guide did not exist for me, but now it will be available to those who need it most.

But to be totally realistic, we live in a culture where being a whistleblower is not recognized as an honorable or positive thing. There are no national holidays for whistleblowers, no parades, no financial support, and until the NWC was founded, no real assistance. I am proud to be associated with the NWC in changing this culture and making things a little easier for individuals with a moral compass.

Every voice makes us stronger. Make your tax-deductible donation today to the National Whistleblowers Center so they can continue protecting and advocating for whistleblowers.

Sincerely,
Jane Turner
FBI Whistleblower and 25-Year Veteran Agent

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home