Thursday, June 24, 2010

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TROUBLE GETTING REFUNDS FROM RYANAIR & Other Airlines in the wake of the Icelandic Volcano Eruptions in April?

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD TROUBLE GETTING REFUNDS FROM RYANAIR & Other Airlines in the wake of the Icelandic Volcano Eruptions in April?


Dear Readers and Fellow Global Travelers,


At this point, RyanAir has failed to repay me still for about 200 Euors. i.e. since mid April 2010 when millions of others and I were stranded in Germany and could not take planes I had paid for to-and-from London. My first cancellation was on a Saturday due to the Icelandic Volcano ash covered the skies of northern Europe. The next cancellation was on the subsequent Monday.

http://www.icenews.is/index.php/2010/04/15/iceland-volcano-stops-european-flights/

In both cases of non-flights, I applied online with RyanAir immediately for my refunds. In a subsequent email from RyanAir Germany, I was told my flight refunds would arrive no later than mid-May.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/

I have contacted RyanAir several times since May about this non-payment (for a non-flight) because in both late May and early June 2010 my bank charged me an overdraft fee of nearly 30 dollars because RyanAir had failed to meet its promise to reimburse. (This occurred again while I was travling by plane in the Philippines and could not follow up with RyanAir every day.)

Dear Readers, I would love to know (1) if other stranded travelers of RyanAir received their reimbursements for their non-flights in April or (2) whether other airlines are scamming folks still.

Let me know here at this site what your experience with reimbursements due to the volcanic eruptions of Iceland have been. I will share with the world and local media your tales.

Yours,

Kevin Stoda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home