Monday, April 12, 2010

Almost no foreign non-profit insurance carriers will make a reciprocal coverage agreement with the many for-profit-USA (wealthier and larger) insuranc

Almost no foreign non-profit insurance carriers will make a reciprocal coverage agreement with the many for-profit-USA (wealthier and larger) insurance firms


Dear Readers and Editors,

Many more uninsured Americans are not even always counted.

So, with recent Washington passage of national health care, we are hopefully seeing a great start at Americans feeling and having more inclusiveness to health insurance coverage. Finally, after more than a century some minimum standard for health care in America is now taking real form (over this year and the coming 5 years).

I myself have been uninsured in the USA for almost 8 years and I was uninsured on and off for twenty years before I decided to work abroad more permanently, starting in 2002, where I could have health care coverage for many of my ailments--with no discrimination by health care providers as is prominent in the USA.

Likewise, my own sister had had no USAS coverage for her and her family when her military husband was stationed abroad in 2006-2008. My sister in those years took a job at a private school in order to have her and her 3 children near her husband stationed by the Army in Egypt. (In Egypt and abroad --outside the expensive USA--my sister and her kids had had medical coverage abroad from the school she taught at.) However, when her son broke his arm on a trip back to the Midwest in summer 2007, there was no coverage for the boy and my sister had to pay out of pocket.

This lack of insurance coverage for Americans--like for my sister formerly and I currently--whenever visiting the USA with our families has been the RESULT of the fact that USA HEALTH CARE HAS BEEN SO-OUT-OF-CONTROL-EXPENSIVE that almost no foreign non-profit insurance carriers will make a reciprocal coverage agreement with the many for-profit-USA's wealthier and larger insurance firms.

Hopefully, even Americans living abroad with their families, will be able to have decent insurance if and when the price of health insurance in the USA is forced a bit more under control of a state, which should see health care as a non-profit area of further development.

Kevin Stoda

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home